Nataki's Homemade Piña Colada
1 Organic pineapple
1 can organic coconut milk
1 Large Kichen Knife
Juicer and/or blender
1. Turn the pineapple on its side and chop off the top as shown.
2. Take the corer and remove the pineapple down to within a quarter inch of the base.
Note: Don't core too far down or you will puncture the base of the pineapple. If you do that your pina colada will spill out of the bottom when you try to refill the rind.
2. Turn it on at the pineapple setting and put the pineapple in the juicer. Turn off when finished.
3. Open the can of coconut milk.
4. Add a 4 or ounce can of coconut milk and the juice pineapple in a glass blender. Optionally you can add some of the pulp from the juicing to get the fiber and the nutrients.
If you don't have a blender you can stir the ingredients together with a spoon or put in a jar with a lid and shake vigorously.
5. Pour the Pina Colada back into the rind.
6. Drink from the rind directly or with a straw.
Pineapple is a good source of vitamin C, manganese, and B1 and B6. Don't let your pina colada sit in open-air for very long.
It might be good to pair similar nutrient supplements with your pina colada for improved absorption of those nutrients.
The best way to get the nutrients is to drink your pina colada quickly. The more contact with oxygen the more the vitamin oxidizes and breaks down. In other words, the vitamin C loses its potency and you lose the nutritional value.
Pineapple and coconut are both immune builders.